Monday, November 18, 2013

Home made pie, from scratch.

I made my first pie crust and home made pumpkin pie. I have made pumpkin pies numorous times, but this time I decided to make my own pie crust. And wow how easy! If I knew it was that easy I would have done it sooner. And it is Yummy!I think I am getting a hang of being a home maker. My recipe? Well here it is.

.

one day it will look prettier. not bad for my first time!

Butter Pie crust:


2/3 cup of butter COLD. I used salted butter so I could cut down on salt.
2 cups of flour
4-5 table spoons of ICE water


In a mixing bowl combine butter and flour with a fork or dough blade. I used a potato masher. And it worked. Add the spoons of water 1 tablespoon at a time. Work the dough into a round. Place in a freezer bag and store in fridge for an hour or longer. Then roll the dough out when ready on a floured surface.






Pumpkin pie from heaven.
1 can of pumpkin or 1 sweet pie pumpkin(roasted and then mashed)
1 can of sweet condensed milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp of  cloves
1/2 tsp of ginger
1/2 tsp of salt
Preheat oven to 425
In a large bowl combine pumpkin and spices with a whisk. Then add the sweetened condensed milk whisk together. In another bowl beat the two eggs then add to pumpkin mixture.
Pour into pie shells or into one REALLY deep dish pie dish.
Back in a pie dish on a cookie sheet in the 425 degree oven for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 350. Bake for an additional 45 minutes. Let cool before serving.
This pie is amazing light and fluffy. It has a great texture thanks to the sweetened milk. So, good.
Pumpkin pie so good you will eat the whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment