Saturday, September 21, 2013

Fall fun ; pumpkin spice snack

I had an immense craving for sweets this morning.  The cool weather this morning made me want pumpkin spice lattes, pie, and soup.
I went to the store for formula and came home with cereal, milk, cake, and pumpkin spice jet puff marshmallows.

I thought, what would be an awesome fall inspired snack? Rice crispy treats! No rice crispies. Craptastic.
But I do have rice chex.
Here is my recipe for pumpkin spice rice chex grabbies. The aren't a bar, they are more of something you break pieces off. Which is why I call them grabbies.
Pumpkin spice grabbies.
Ingredients:
1 bag pumpkin spice Jet Puff Marshmallows
3 tablespoons of butter the salted kind.
2 cups or more of rice chex.

In a large pot over medium high heat, melt the butter. When melted add the bag of marshmallows and turn down the heat. Stir until marshmallows are melted. Then take off heat and add rice chex. Stir until all the marshmallow is on the chex.
After all that, pour into a baking dish and let it set up. It will set up within 5-10mins. 
Now, break pieces off and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment