Monday, October 7, 2013

How Alton Brown saved my kitchen knives.

Lately I have been on a Good Eats Marathon binge as well as Martha Stewart shows. I have been watching them due to the show being fun and very scientific. While watching one show I realized something; my knives. I had been abusing my knives. Wow.This one particular episode was about knives and their care. I was storing them improperly. Meaning, that putting my knives in the dishwasher was a no no. I had no idea. 

Knives do not like being jiggled around the dishwasher and the harshness of it. It breaks the handles and the blades do not like the harsh dishwasher chemicals. Whoops! You should always wash and dry the knives by hand. This was something I rarely did,well it takes 2 weeks to break a habit. I will never dishwasher my blades again. EVER! Thank you Mr Alton Brown for sparing my knives from a fate worse than anything, broken and dull chopping. 

I am now currently waiting for my hubby to do the whole "I told you so". He told me this kind of thing months ago.....

No comments:

Post a Comment