Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fall fun! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies!

I have a can of pumpkin and did  not want pie. So I went to the food network app and found  pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. It has everything you could want pumpkin and chocolate.  Done! I had to make them and make them I did!
I followed the recipe but one thing Florida people; you may have to use baking powder with the soda. I made them with the recommended baking soda and poof. They are delish but had a cakelike consistency.  My hubby didn't complain but we will see when they are cold.
So here is the recipe:
3 cups of flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar packed
1 cup unsalted butter (2sticks)
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2teaspoon of baking soda  fl people use equal parts soda and powder. 1 tsp soda and 1 tsp of powder.
1 can of pumpkin
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1  bag semi sweet choc chips.

Preheat oven to 350
In one bowl cream butter and sugar. Then add vanilla and pumpkin. Next add the eggs. I didn't use a mixer, don't have one. Then in a separate bowl sift flour and spices. Add the pumpkin mixture a bit at a time to the dry and stir. Once that has been mixed together stir in chocolate chips.
On a parchment lined cookie sheet spoon a tablespoon full of batter on the sheet. Cookies will bake for 10-15minutes.  Or until cookies are brown.
They are soft cookies.
Can make up to 60 cookies. Courtesy of Food Network. 

No comments:

Post a Comment