Sunday, May 5, 2013

Me vs cradle cap!

Cradle cap or seborrheic dermatitis appears as scaly patches on the scalp. And my little booger has that as do many other babies.
It looks like little off colored dried up patches of skin. Let me be the one to say what a pain for me and the little sir to go through this. Not that he minds having his little tennis ball head brushed. He loves that part. But the daily washing he hates! He hates it too when those flakes of skin land on his cute little face. It's a pain for me because I feel like my efforts are falling short.
To get rid of the cradle cap you have to wash the baby's hair daily with baby shampoo and then brush out the flakes. I have also been using baby oil to help. Some parents gave been known to use petroleum jelly. This fun little  part of being a baby usually goes away on its own within a few months. But if not you may have to get special shampoo.  Fun times right?
Oh and did you know cradle cap can be found on the face and diaper area? When it gets to other areas that is when it is just know as seborrheic dermatitis.  Mainly because it occurs where the greatest number of oil glands. Fun, fun. 

It isn't contagious and baby doesn't itch. I guess just got to give it time and treatment.  Oh to be 1month old.

No comments:

Post a Comment