Friday, July 19, 2013

School?

My passion besides being a wife, mom,fashionista, and makeup fanatic ; is ancient history. But, my issue is going to school for this. I started to go to school but so many blocked my way. No one thought there were jobs in that field. But, there is a HUGE job market for anthropology and archeology. I truly love reading and studying ancient cultures and it shows. I want to follow my real dream, which is get a PhD in Anthropology and minor in Egyptology. I love this field and why did I ever stop?

I got scared off and no one was there to build me up. No one was there to help me figure out what classes I need to take. It was all me, me trying to figure out my classes. I did well in school when I was going for what I wanted. When I changed my major, I fell. I went from a 3.5 gpa to a 2.0 gpa and stressed out. I had health issues arise then, too.

Being on medical leave it has given me some time to reflect on my life and goals. I get to think about what I want to do and what I should do. Honestly, I feel deep in my heart I need to go back to school for this. I know that is where I belong.  But, will I get the emotional support? Will I get the backing of people that matter most in my life? I'm not sure, but what I am sure about is that it will make me happy. I feel like this will be a start of something grand for me!
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment