Friday, July 19, 2013

Home made mac n cheese.

Spare me the box and give me the real stuff! I was watching food network and I saw Ina Garten making man n cheese. She made it look so easy to do. And although she used expensive cheeses and truffle butter; I found I could imitate it with cheddar cheese and cream. I made my own take on her recipe.
Here is my recipe:
You need butter 3 tablespoons
4 tablespoon of flour
Salt and pepper.
Pasta
Italian bread crumbs
1 small bag of sharp cheddar
2 handfuls of mild cheddar
2 cups milk

In one pot boil pasta , then in the other melt butter and add flour. Whisk together and get the flour taste out. I warmed the milk in the microwave then added it to the butter.  You want it to thicken on medium heat while whisking and add salt and pepper.  When it is thick add cheddar and keep whisking. Add the pasta and mix together. Put into a dish and add the bread crumbs . You can either save for later or finish off in the oven at 350 for 25-30 mins.
Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment